Sunday, January 20, 2013

Williamsburg - Then and Now



Last month we took the kids to Jamestown and Williamsburg to do a little sightseeing.  Great fun. The kids got to see what a 'time out' was like in the 18th century.  Before you call CPS, we told them to look sad for photo for the sake of realism - they posed willingly.







Then today I came across this picture from the last time Erin and I were in Williamsburg, back in 1991.  I was in the Navy, stationed in Virginia Beach for training and Erin came to visit. It probably didn't occur to us that we might return over 20 years later with 3 kids and about to go to China for a couple of years.




I have to say, I was pretty optimistic about this whole marriage thing, but it's working out even better than I imagined.    Best advice I could give for a happy marriage - marry the right person.


No comments:

Post a Comment