Sunday, January 13, 2013

Must be getting close - shopping

Little things make me realize how close this big move is ---  I was putting gas in the car this weekend and realized that they are coming to pick it up in 2 weeks.  It should not have more than a quarter tank during transport, so I didn't fill it up.  Strange feeling.

Also - buying toilet paper and wondering if I should buy a smaller package.  Or maybe I should buy lots of bigger ones and put them with our household goods for shipping - you know in case we really don't like the paper there.  We're calling this panic buying.  Maybe we should buy two years worth of deodorant/shampoo/cosmetic products, etc.  It's probably not necessary; Beijing is a large, cosmopolitan city compared to a lot of other Foreign Service posts. And we are lucky enough to have a DPO address - I think we'll like Amazon prime. Many smaller posts in the Foreign Service don't have this convenience.

We did buy an artificial Christmas tree that's been sitting in the living room since December 27th, still in the box, waiting to travel to China (probably right back where it came from).



No comments:

Post a Comment